Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS (in Rawhide) is about to happen

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 19:05:14 UTC 2009

It sounds like you are saying that there is no way to export the same
host filesystems with the same client-perceived names under v4 as was
being done before under v[23].  Is that really true?

My old /etc/exports is:

/mirror                        *(ro,insecure,sync,mp,all_squash)

So clients mount server:/mirror to see my /mirror directory's contents.
No other /foo directory is exported or visible at all to clients, and
that's how it should stay.

How do I get the same results for v4 clients?

Thanks,
Roland