Feature request: Adding device ID to kernel option driver

Dululu Ululu dululu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:21:25 UTC 2009

Hi

I've got a wireless CDMA modem that works perfectly using the option usb
serial driver, but is not currently listed as one of the supported devices.
I've been manually adding its ID to option.c and recompiling the driver
since F8. This however means that each time I perform a kernel upgrade I
lose internet connectivity until I've done this. It also means that
yum-presto won't do a delta upgrade of the kernel since it's contents have
changed, I have to download the full package (CDMA cell network, can get
pretty expensive).

 Do I get this added to the Fedora kernel first or should I send it
upstream? Any pointers as to the procedures to follow (links to
documentation detailing who to contact etc would be most appreciated).

Thanks

Dululu