2009-10-22 - Power Management Test Day report

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 18:13:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 09:24 -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Marcela Mašláňová on 10/29/2045 08:17 AM wrote:
> > We were thinking about some image, but for measurement we
> > needed installed system. Anyway requirements for tests were huge
> > e.g. openoffice, kernel-debuginfo.
> >

> When you use a USB drive you can install any number of packages.

Not exactly, you need enough spare memory and/or swap space, because
they get installed into 'memory'.

> Just
> set your test-day.rpm to Require: openoffice and people could do so.

Most people couldn't as they'd run out of RAM.

The fact that the organizers specified an installed system was required
is the reason I didn't bother spinning live images for this test day, it
seemed pointless given that fact.

We do still spin test day live images when they are useful/required. For
some events, though, we just link to the latest nightly live image, when
there's no need for any customization for the test day.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey