[KDE] Which Phonon? Phonon backend - GStreamer or Xine?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 1 01:02:04 UTC 2009

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> That's not about "standardize on GTK+"

That was just an example of how "one size fits it all" doesn't always work
when it comes to libraries, there will always be more than one library for
some purposes.

> We should choose better technology over politics.

That's exactly why I voted for Phonon-Xine in the meeting. ;-)

"All the world must use GStreamer" == politics
Phonon-Xine is considered by Phonon upstream to be the better technology.

        Kevin Kofler