Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Oct 1 15:57:03 UTC 2009

Matej Cepl wrote:
> Well, RHEL commits (hopefully I am not leaking some NDA-covered
> information ;)) have to have something like "fixes #123435" in the commit
> message. We could do the same easily but requesting that updates in bodhi
> have to be just bugfixes.

I can make a "bug" out of almost everything. All this bureaucracy would lead
to is lots of Bugzilla "bug reports" to justify updates. Heck, even the
existing automated FEver "New version available" "bugs" would qualify.
Requiring bug references for Bodhi updates would make no sense whatsoever.
Please let maintainers decide, most of us know what we're doing. ;-)

        Kevin Kofler