Help with debuging Xserver / Goes in an infinite loop

Joshua C. joshuacov at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 3 15:13:21 UTC 2009

I have a problem with my xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.6.4-0.1.fc11.x86_64. I
read the instructions here
http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/ServerDebugging but
this didin't help. My Xserver goes in an infinite loop and starts
consuming 100% my cpu. Therefore the whole system freezes and I have
to manually reboot it. This happens all the time when I use firefox on
random sites. After restart there is nothing in the xorg.0.log and
everything repeats itself when I start firefox again. Therefore I need
to remove the savesession.js from the firefox home directory.

On the second mashine I also turned this on: handle SIGUSR1 nostop,
handle SIGUSR2 nostop, handle SIGPIPE nostop.

The Xserver just keeps running and I get no messages on the second
mashine. How to debug it?