Fedora 12 Beta Release Rescheduled to 2009-10-20

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 03:50:00 UTC 2009

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/12/Schedule

At the Release Engineering meeting today
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-October/msg00244.html
it was noted that we still do not have a beta RC composed because a few
blocker bugs remain.

The decision was made to move the Fedora 12 Beta Release date to
2009-10-20 instead of its scheduled date of 2009-10-13 (one week from
Tuesday).  The original intention was also to move the final release
date of Fedora 12 to 2009-11-17, but that decision has been deferred
until Thursday while the Infrastructure team researches some issues
related to an upcoming data center move.

The next meeting to determine the final release date for Fedora 12 will
be this Thursday, 2009-10-08 at 18:00 UTC (2 PM EDT) in #fedora-meeting.
  After that meeting all of the detailed Fedora 12 team schedules will
be fully updated to reflect the plan of record.

REMINDER: we are in and will remain in FINAL FREEZE for Fedora 12.  This
is not a new opportunity for more time to continue development work or
squeeze more bug fixes into Fedora 12.  A new branch is already open
where this work can continue for Fedora 13.
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Beta_Freeze_Policy

John