Retiring ksensors, possibly id3lib as well?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Oct 7 21:00:46 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

> taglib is probably the best actively-developed modern alternative.

I might not apply to all cases - kid3 for example uses both.  Based on a brief
look in the code and http://kid3.sourceforge.net/kid3_en.html#settings-menu,
id3lib is used for ID3 2.3.0 tags and taglib for 2.4.0 ones, e.g. when
converting from 2.4.0 to 2.3.0.  I don't know why though, I'm not sufficiently
familiar with either.  Nor am I sure why one would convert from 2.4.0 to
2.3.0, maybe for compatibility reasons with $something.  And yes, this is
quite a corner case.