Development packages for Thunderbird/Sunbird

Felix Kaechele felix at fetzig.org
Sat Oct 10 21:06:40 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Development packages for Thunderbird/Sunbird
From: Henrik /KaarPoSoft <henrik at kaarposoft.dk>
To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
Date: 09.10.2009 18:20

> I would like blueZync to work on Fedora too
> (currently developing on Debian and Ubuntu).

Me too. I did start a packaging effort some time ago and caused a little
disaster by updating libsyncml to a newer version to build blueZync. Our
problem was that nothing else could be built against the new version of
libsyncml.

> As far as I can see, not such -devel packages are available
> for Fedora 11 or 12.

That is correct.

> Can anybody guide me as to how to kindly request such
> packages for Fedora?

The best would be to file a bug against both thunderbird and sunbird and
kindly state what you would need for building blueZync.
If you as the developer did that, that would be great. As soon as the
development files are available I'd be glad working with you on getting
blueZync into Fedora.

Felix