thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Dodji Seketeli dodji at redhat.com
Sun Oct 11 08:41:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 01:03:01AM -0500, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Wrong list and a week late[1]. No need to continue the old discussion here.
>
> [1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-October/msg00110.html

I don't think so. Not willing to put words in Jeff's mouth, but I don't
think he was discussing the UI changes of Thunderbird. I took it as he was rather
discussing the upgrade process within Fedora.

FWIW, I felt the disruption in my workflow as well. All of a sudden, TB
almost freezed my computer, eating ~ 1GB of memory (OK, I have a lot of
emails but still) and all that, in F-11 which is a stable version of the distro.

I think this is the right forum to discuss how we can avoid or a least
manage users workflow disruption within stable versions of our distro.

--
Dodji Seketeli
Red Hat, Inc.