thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 15:00:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 09:37 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > > Aside from updates-testing you mean, where people can test potential
> > > updates and give feedback as to how they work on their systems?
> > >

> > Fat lot of good it's doing.
> >
> > 	-Mike
> >

> And that's a people problem more than a process problem.  If nobody
> tests it in updates-testing, then how is the maintainer to know that it
> is problematic?  Certainly not solvable with even more repos for testing
> content...

You let me know how three people in Fedora can miss a very subtle Firefox
memory leak.  How many people would need to use updates testing before the
thunderbird indexing problem is caught?  How long would it need to stay
there?  In this case updates-testing theory just does not match reality.

The status quo is broken, doing nothing will keep it that way.

	-Mike