Updates-testing (was: Re: thunderbird upgrade - wtf?)

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 14 15:54:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Mike McGrath wrote:

> I've suggested this very thing in a F-A-B thread this week.  We,
> packagers, have no way to fix a mistake and very few things preventing us
> from making them:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2009-October/msg00168.html

Seriously:

yum downgrade

and in F12 - try out things like the history undo options.

there are lots of potential nasty situations that can happen but I think
the general consensus was 'screw it, let the user sort it out if it
breaks, which it often does not'

generally, if the app you updated modifies its data format and cannot
revert it then the user is SOL - but that's not _THAT_ common and when it
does happen it's certainly not yum's fault.

-sv