Updates-testing

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 17:06:36 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-10-14 at 11:30 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Alex Hudson wrote:
>
> > On 14/10/09 16:47, Seth Vidal wrote:
> > > yum downgrade pkgname
> > >
> > > it works fine for the simple-ish cases.
> >
> > If that works, then gravy. I can't admit to having tried it in the past -
> > although, I'm not really a yum user, I use packagekit, and indeed pk whines at
> > me to turn off the legacy software when I run yum ;) Ideally, for me, this
> > would be something pk can trigger (and maybe give me a way of contributing to
> > the testing karma at the same time - that would rock).
> >

> Even with downgrade, that's a user action.  If the user happens to know
> about it they'll be ok.  I'm more interested in what options a packager
> has to fix problems like this.
>
> 	-Mike

In this specific case, issue a bumped build of thunderbird with the UI
settings defaulted to what they were before the change.  New code, old
UI.  In the general case this could also be done, or a package could be
reverted to older code, but with an epoch to ensure package ordering.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!