How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 16 08:37:30 UTC 2009

On 10/16/2009 05:24 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Matěj Cepl wrote:
>> Yes, I know, that's opinion of people around KDE that they don't
>> distinguish between Rawhide and updates-testing
>
> That's not true. In KDE SIG:
> * we do not push KDE prereleases to updates-testing (nor to the stable
> updates, of course),
> * we rarely push application prereleases to updates-testing (and when we do,
> it's with the intention of promoting them to stable, or the final release
> (or a later prerelease) which is just days (not months) away),
> * we do not push updates which make major changes (e.g. feature regressions)
> to applications, neither to testing nor stable.

Well, I do remember spending hours switching from kmail to thunderbird
in the past because a KDE update in Fedora broke IMAP support and it
stayed broken for quite sometime. Also many of the KDE apps after a
rewrite tend to be quite close to alpha/beta releases for a while rather
than general releases, Amarok being a good example. It is sometimes
pretty tricky to judge.

Rahul