What to do if a deprecated license is used? nescc java files with intel license

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Oct 16 18:55:26 UTC 2009

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> I've updated the wording there to clarify that no Fedora package may use
> anything under a "Bad" License.

Now what's the benefit of banning licenses just for being "deprecated"?

I really don't see what's wrong with:
http://opensource.org/licenses/intel-open-source-license.php
in particular, as as far as a non-lawyer like me can tell, it appears to be
legally equivalent to a BSD license. The only added paragraph starts with
"EXPORT LAWS: THIS LICENSE ADDS NO RESTRICTIONS TO THE EXPORT LAWS OF YOUR
JURISDICTION. It is licensee's responsibility to comply with any export
regulations applicable in licensee's jurisdiction.", so I don't see how
that'd influence the freeness of the software at all.

        Kevin Kofler