Who do I send to get a package removed because of bad language.

Steven James Drinnan steven at scc.hk
Mon Oct 19 00:26:19 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 09:35 +1000, Eric Springer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Steven James Drinnan <steven at scc.hk> wrote:
> > I recently installed gestikk. And to my horror one of the dialogs said.
>
> Not sure if it's the best road to take, how ever I've created a page
> in the wiki (that can be edited mercilessly or deleted if you think
> it'll just attract attention):
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Offensive_Packages

A good start, yes I agree that fedora is about freedom and choice. For
me this seems a good option ( having an exclude function for offensive
packages). Making this part of package kit would be good. Almost like a
parental control system for software.

I do think as distributor it is good to be family friendly as possible.

Maybe this could be added as a feature in future releases -  there may
not be many packages that need to be added but it would give a big group
of users some peace of mind.

Steven Drinnan