How about releasing an update of xorg-x11-drv-intel for Fedora 11

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 19 04:04:58 UTC 2009

> What
> happened is that some IMAP-related feature broke, affecting some users (and
> I'm sorry you were hit by it), whereas most had their IMAP working just
> fine. So those bugs weren't trivial to catch.

 Wow ... it's almost as if we need a place where developers could put
_updates_ for a significant amount of time so that users could do some
_testing_ on them, under each of their particular conditions. We could
maybe use this instead of developers hitting the go button when they
didn't get an avalanche of BZs immediately.

 It'd also be cool if we could have some package management tool to
"downgrade" these updates, so users wouldn't be immediate screwed if
they tried an update for testing purposes ... it might even be possible
to create a history of package management operations, and then the user
could just "undo" the set of things they got from this place for testing
of updates.

 I must meditate on this.

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
"I'd just like to see a realistic approach to updates via
 packages." -- Les Mikesell