[Test-Announce] 2009-10-20 Confined Users Test Day

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 00:27:07 UTC 2009

----- "James Laska" <jlaska at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 11:24 -0400, Milos Malik wrote:
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > I would like to invite you to join Confined Users test day which
> will be
> > held tomorrow, 2009-10-20. Please come out to Freenode IRC
> #fedora-test-day
> > or #fedora-selinux and help us improve SELinux policy. You will need
> a machine
> > with updated Fedora 12 or rawhide (virtualized machines are welcomed
> too :-)).
> > Testing is pretty straightforward: all requirements and test cases
> are described
> > in details here[1].
> >
> > SELinux Confined Users is a feature where SELinux role is assigned
> to each user
> > and where the SELinux policy controls what the user can do/access on
> the system.
> >
> > Dan Walsh and Miroslav Grepl will help us to solve issues.
> >
> > Thanks to all who come along to help test!
> >
> > Milos Malik
> >

> > P.S.: There is no bravery in running Fedora/RHEL with disabled
> SELinux ;-)
> >
> > 1: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-10-20
>
> I like the challenge! :)  Thanks for taking the time to plan and
> prepare
> this test day.  I've made some minor wiki modifications to the test
> day
> page.  Would it make sense to create individual test case pages for
> each
> of the listed test cases?  We typically recommend using the template:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:QA/Test_Case

Just a heads up, at the suggestion of Adam, I posted QA spin [1] images that include the following test day packages:

  selinux-policy-targeted
  policycoreutils-gui
  setroubleshoot
  audit
  xguest

Links to the live images and sha256sum's are on the wiki page.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA_Test_Day_Spin