Problem building Asterisk sounds

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Tue Oct 20 18:48:32 UTC 2009

Jeffrey Ollie wrote, at 10/21/2009 01:53 AM +9:00:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
>> I'm trying to build the latest Asterisk sounds package, but I'm
>> getting the following error:
>>
>> error: Recognition of file
>> "/builddir/build/BUILDROOT/asterisk-sounds-core-1.4.16-1.fc13.noarch/usr/share/asterisk/sounds/fr/digits/1.g729"
>> failed: mode 100444 zlib: invalid stored block lengthsempty (gzip
>> compressed data, reserved method, encrypted, last modified: Tue Nov  9
>> 20:48:48 2010, max speed)
>>
>> The full build log is here:
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1730585
>>
>> The build fails in mock locally as well but koji actually gives me a
>> better error message.  The file in question isn't gzip compressed,
>> it's an audio file compressed with G.729 audio compression.  Can
>> anyone help me out here?
>
> I still haven't figured this out, and it hasn't fixed itself.  Can
> anyone take a look and give me a hint?

Well,
$ file ./usr/share/asterisk/sounds/fr/digits/1.g729
./usr/share/asterisk/sounds/fr/digits/1.g729: gzip compressed data, reserved method, encrypted, last modified: Wed Nov 10 10:48:48 2010, max speed

So it seems that this file is actually recognized as gzip compressed data, perhaps
due to magic number, which seems to be causing a problem in rpm.
I don't know currently how to deal with this case as I don't know if we can tell rpmbuild
that this file should not be treated as a gzipped file by some methods or not, but for now
I guess it is better to contact rpm maintainer.

Regards,
Mamoru