Reminder: Tagging Policy for Fedora 12

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 22:00:15 UTC 2009

On 10/20/2009 05:54 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 17:27:45 -0400,
>    Warren Togami<wtogami at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> This is just a reminder about the tagging policy for packages built
>> for Fedora 12 past the development freeze.
>
> So is there some more example guidance with this?
> For example I have a new release of the game colossus, that has some rule
> bugfixes. One for the balrog variant seems to be important to people playing
> that variant. Is this the kind of thing that should get tagged for F12
> before release?
> I think what I am looking for is if it is worth trying to get minor fixes
> into F12 release for a package with is not a dependency for other things.

If it isn't on the critical path list, just be careful you aren't
breaking anything.  Sounds like this particular package isn't a risk.
Might be helpful to mention in your rel-eng ticket.

> What if the package is already tagged for F12 updates testing?
> In the case I am interested in, I have already requested updates-testing
> for the package in F12. If it is still OK to tag it for F12 final, do
> I need to do anything extra in bohdi?

Rel-eng is currently discussing what to do about the F12 update bodhi
requests.  Some of us believe we enabled bodhi far too early and this is
needlessly confusing people.  My own opinion is that queuing for updates
at this point is detrimental to testing, because we will have a huge
flood of packages hitting updates on release day that had almost zero
testing.

For now don't worry about what you did in Bodhi.  It seems the Bodhi
update requests are not going anywhere for the next few weeks.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com