F12 Security Updates not tagged (Re: Reminder: Tagging Policy for Fedora 12)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 00:01:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 01:11:23AM +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>Am Dienstag, den 20.10.2009, 17:27 -0400 schrieb Warren Togami:
>
>> Many Builds Not Tagged, but Probably Should Be
>> # koji list-tagged --latest dist-f12-updates-candidate
>> This command shows over 400 packages are built for F-12 but not tagged
>> for release.
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/F12/pending
>
>What really scares me is that there is a number of security updates in
>bodhi that don't have a tag request in trac. Are maintainers that
>careless? We don't want F12 released with 6 weeks old security bugs, so

Please be careful with your terminology.  There has been very little in the
way of communication when it comes to F12 and updates, so it would not be
a stretch at all if a large majority of maintainers thought the updates
were getting mashed and repos were being published.  Calling people careless
without real cause is overly hostile and unhelpful.

josh