Status of touchpad support in F12 for kdm?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 21 07:02:58 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote:
> Exactly which config interface are you referring to that enables this for
> xorg for kdm? Many systems do not have xorg.conf once installed, so
> presumably there is something else?

Well, KDM runs as root, so usually root's KDE settings are relevant, but
stock KDE doesn't have touchpad settings. We have kcm_touchpad which is
being packaged, but the way its settings are loaded at startup probably only
works for real KDE sessions, not KDM's minimal environment. (GDM runs an
almost complete GNOME these days, they even run a window manager inside GDM!
KDM has a much less bloated design.)

Systemwide HAL FDI files will definitely work to set touchpad options for
KDM.

        Kevin Kofler