Unresponsive maintainer for system-config-cluster

Milos Jakubicek xjakub at fi.muni.cz
Wed Oct 21 12:40:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

On 10/21/2009 11:11 AM, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jim Parsons left Red Hat a little while back and the only contact
> details I have is his Red Hat email address, which is of course no
> longer valid. I've opened a bugzilla #530027 as per the unresponsive
> maintainer procedure, but I was hoping to be able to skip the section
> regarding sending of messages since there seems little point sending to
> an email address which I know (and which other Red Hat employees can
> easily verify) will not be answered.

+1 from here...I already e-mailed Jim Parson a long long time (for sure
more than a year) ago because of some trivial outstanding bugs in that
package (missing requires, incorrect pam configuration, ...), some of
them I fixed then, some are still left. I tried several times and didn't
get any response.

> I would like to either fix (or preferably just remove) this package as
> it creates configs for GFS2 which are incorrect and is thus causing
> confusion to all who attempt to use it.

Hm...I would appreciate keeping the package (...and could fix the very
trivial of the remaining bugreports), how complicated would it be to fix
the GFS2 configs? On the other hand, I've heard from somebody of the RH
cluster team that the package is deprecated at all, how's that?

Regards,
Milos