Fwd: Request to update ATi OSS driver for Fedora 12

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Thu Oct 22 12:23:01 UTC 2009

On 10/22/2009 01:56 PM, Liang Suilong wrote:
> I try to add kernel parameter nomodeset to turn off KMS. After logging
> in Gnome and run gnome-terminal, I can scroll up and down my mouse so
> smoothly. I do not feel scrolling in the terminal is slow.

I noticed that performance with KMS is more affected than non-KMS by the
debugging options which are enabled in Rawhide kernel. The final release
will have most of them disabled, so there's a chance the performance
with KMS will improve.
You could try rebuilding the kernel without debugging to confirm it.

Michal