Packaging Survey - May 2009

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Oct 23 16:08:34 UTC 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> On 10/23/2009 09:19 AM, Gerry Reno wrote:
>>

>>> Did eucalyptus ever get packaged for F12 ?
>>>
>>> I didn't find anything in rawhide today when I checked it.
>>>

>> Nobody volunteered yet.
>>
>> Rahul
>>

> I see on the eucalyptus site that they now have rpms available for
> CentOS 5.3.  Maybe that would make it easier now to create packages
> for Fedora.
>
> http://open.eucalyptus.com/downloads

Oops.  I take that back.  There are rpms in the download lists for other
Linux versions but looks like only .tar.gz for CentOS.

Anyway, I trying to install eucalyptus on Fedora 11 and here is what I
think the prerequisites are when installing all controllers on one node:

yum install  java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel ant ant-nodeps libvirt
libvirt-devel   curl libcurl-devel httpd httpd-devel apr apr-devel
openssl openssl-devel dhcp m2crypto

I'll see if I can get it installed.