Wi-Fi Question

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Tue Oct 27 21:40:30 UTC 2009

On 27. okt. 2009 21:10, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 08:03:54PM +0100, Ola Thoresen wrote:
>
>> Nice app. Thanks for the tip.
>> But does anyone have any idea about how to disable the hardware kill
>> switch, when linux insists it is enabled no matter what position the
>> switch is really set to:
>
> What hardware is this?

02:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG
[Golan] Network Connection (rev 02)

(And it is the physical switch I am turning on and off)

Has had this issue for years (really). Here is a message from 2007 to
this list about it:
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/fedora-devel-list@redhat.com/7502379.html
- With a link to an ubuntuforum-thread about the same issue.

Not really expecting a fix now, but if anyone is interessted, I can
submit a bug or try different kernels or whatever you need.

Rgds.

Ola (T)