Fwd: Request to update ATi OSS driver for Fedora 12

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:09:06 UTC 2009

To Adam Williamson

I have upgraded the latest packages from Rawhide, including xorg-x11-drv-ati
and some components of X. It looks quite good. Glxgears performance grows
from about 640 fps to more than 1000 fps. Gnome-terminal is more smooth but
not perfect.

I found other problems in Fedora 12. I do not know whether they are related
to ATi KMS and opensource dirvers or not.

First Problem:

Adobe flash player seems to take up too much cpu usage. It makes machine run
slow. If I open too many web page full of flash, no matter in chromium or in
firefox, It is too slow. I almost can not do anything. Firefox looks a
little better than chormium. maybe there is a bug of chromium , or adobe
flash player or ATi's driver. I can not make sure. I test on another desktop
(NVIDIA card). It looks better. CPU usage is still very high, however, flash
player runs enough smoothly. And then, Tom 'spot' Callaway has not pushed a
new upgrade for chromium browser. But I do not want to disturbing him. I
just wait for him silently. Haha!

Second Problem:

I try to hibernate my desktop. Later I wake them up. The brightness of LCD
screen is not normal. It is too low. I nearly can not see what is it in the
screen. I switch to tty console. It is the same with GUI environment. My
screen is LG L1953T 19" inch flat screen. Is the bug related to ATi drivers?

At last, Thanks to developers again.

--
<url>http://www.liangsuilong.info</url>
Fight for freedom!!!!(3F)