2009-10-22 - Power Management Test Day report

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Thu Oct 29 13:48:14 UTC 2009

Phil Knirsch wrote:

> All in all the whole test day was a real success. Especially the great
> idea of Marcela, Jan and Petr to make a rpm for the testday which
> automated a lot of the work that needed to be done.
>
> For the next testday we already plan to expand that idea and include the
> automated upload script which will make it even easier for the testers.

I would have participated if I could have run Rawhide from my USB drive,
but it seems test day images are no longer created and the USB drive I
was trying to use kept overheating after attempting to update from Beta
2 to the latest rawhide (several hundred packages). It's my own fault
for using a shoddy drive, but are test images no longer being made? Even
though I do have a slew of machines, I'm not privileged enough to have a
completely unused machine to install rawhide full time on. Next time
I'll attempt using a external HDD USB drive, which should have more success.