What to do with package that wants to use sse?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Oct 31 04:07:24 UTC 2009

I am working on packaging pagedgeometry and I noticed that when building
on gcc it passes -msse which I am guessing says to use sse instructions.
I think that even in F12 we can't assume these instructions are available.
The package may gain a lot of benefit from using those instructions.
(I haven't tested that yet as I am still pretty early in the process.)
Is there some relatively standard way to handle something like this?