clang static analyzer: use it!

Michel Alexandre Salim michael.silvanus at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 22:45:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Steve Grubb<sgrubb at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Friday 04 September 2009 02:30:14 am Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Quick summary: use this tool:
>>
>>   http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/
>>
>> If you're not using its "scan-build" tool, then start.  Right now.
>> Really.  It's that good.

Thanks for pointing this out!

> llvm is in Fedora. Looking at the build instructions for clang, it seems like
> it would naturally fit as a subpackage for llvm. So, getting it into Fedora
> should not be too much to do since llvm is already approved.

I co-maintain the LLVM package, and this is next on my TODO list.
Currently testing some configuration changes for OpenGTL and Pure. One
snag is that there is no stable release of clang yet, but I can work
around this by matching clang's revision number against LLVM's at the
time of release.

I'll probably start by doing an RPM of the LLVM 2.6 pre-release -- the
current clang ought to be much better than the one from a year ago.

Mail me off-list if you want to be notified when a build is ready for
testing? Address it to salimma at fedoraproject.org to help my mail
filters.

Regards,

--