GCC var-tracking-assignments: testing and bug reports appreciated

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Sep 11 20:44:22 UTC 2009

Tom Lane wrote:
> ISTM the major argument in favor of letting this in now, namely better
> debuginfo data, is essentially moot because it missed the mass rebuild.
> The majority of packages are going to go out with old debuginfo.

Well, all the frequently rebuilt / frequently updated packages will pick up
the new debuginfo, this includes at least Qt and KDE (though Qt currently
trips over a bug in the var tracking and has to disable it, but I'm
confident this will get fixed quickly if it isn't already). The GNOME
packages will also get it, as 2.28 final is coming out and so the 2.27.x
packages will all get replaced. That makes pretty much all the packages of
the 2 primary desktops.

        Kevin Kofler