yum-presto not on by default

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 05:35:37 UTC 2009

2009/9/25 Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>:

> If it impacts update performance by default, then it should be off, or
> we'll have another thing added to the oft-repeated "Fedora fixes" list
> (like "yum remove pulseaudio", "turn off SELinux", etc.).

This one does not hurt. If installed by default, the high bandwidth
guys can do this to remove it and never need to bring it back, unlike
for pulseaudio and SELinux.

For slow connection people like me, one package being constructed on
my disk is better than downloading goes for ever.

This is an example of better hardware condition is actively seeking to
prevent innovation ("not my problem").

--
bbbush ^_^