Reboot madness? [Was: Re: dhclient and dhcp update require restart?]

Dariusz J. Garbowski thuforuk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 2 04:44:57 UTC 2009

I'm starting to be really bothered by this. Today kdenetwork requires
restart due to... "fix Bug 515586 - Kopete: New Messages from changed
resource arrive in new tab/window". Wouldn't login/logout sequence do?
And that only if the user really cared, i.e. was using Kopete and this
bug was really irritating him.

Before that imsettings required restart... kpackagekit required restart...

I'm with Matthew on this: "This is a real shame. One of the selling
points of Linux is that you *don't* need to reboot for every little
upgrade (unlike a certain other OS I shan't name)."

Is this something that should be bugzilla'd?

Cheers,
thufor