Introduction to a new SIG for creation of Live DVD

Aditya Patawari aditya at adityapatawari.com
Mon Sep 14 20:41:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>wrote:

> I think that if we're going to ship software,
> we should also preinstall it on the live image. Otherwise users can't try
> it
> out right away when starting the live system and they have to post-install
> it manually after their installation.

The problem with this is that giving 4 GB of pre-installed stuff will only
clutter the space and might end up confusing the user. A better alternative
could be to increase the size of install image to nearly 1 GB to accomodate
some more packages and keep the rest of the packages in the inbuilt repo.

--
Aditya Patawari
Join Live DVD SIG : https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/LiveDVD