Possible packages...

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 17:27:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 10:48 -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> > 2009/7/13 Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>:
>
> > The Infrastructure group has a rather ongoing project to try and find a
> > really good calendar server system (and then, obviously, package it)
> > It's proved a bit tricky, though, to find a really perfect option.
>
> 'The perfect is the enemy of the good (enough)' and a sure
> fireway to attain gridlock rather than progress

it's rather the case that we can't find anything that's even good
enough. it's strangely hard to find something that has a usable web
interface, CalDAV support (so people who use desktop clients like
Evolution can manage calendars from those apps) and isn't a gigantic
tangle of unpackaged (and sometimes unpackageable) dependencies which
makes it impossible to deploy on Infrastructure. believe me, we've been
through a lot of candidates.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey