Mono-2.6 - heads up

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 10:10:34 UTC 2009

Hi Folks,

Just spotted on the mono forums that mono-2.6 is being branched on
Monday which means that it (should) be in the Rawhide repos Tuesday.

As it stands, 2.6 is a world of difference to 2.4.2.3 in terms of speed
and reliability. I've not encountered any big problems with code
compiled under previous versions of Mono not running under the 2.6 svn
branch yet, so it should be good and smooth.

I would recommend though that maintainers of applications reliant on
mono recompile them against 2.6 when it hits rawhide just to be safe.

TTFN

Paul