default fonts in Fedora

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 15:29:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 16:51 +0200, Daniel Mach wrote:
> On 09/18/2009 04:42 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:05 PM, Daniel Mach<dmach at redhat.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> I've manually installed KDE desktop (yum install<pkg>  ..., i.e. without
> >> anaconda) and found that no fonts were installed.
> >>
> > Use "yum groupinstall" to add a desktop.
> >

> Which group should I install?
> yum install @base-x is definitely not a good choice, it installs a lot
> of packages I don't really want.
> It's 107 additional packages to my current installation.

@base-x is a pretty broken comps group, to be honest.  I'd really like
to see a split between "the minimal stuff needed to make X work" and "a
bunch of desktop-agnostic stuff".

Actually, that's not true.  Someone should own the
choose-your-own-adventure desktop experience and come up with a decent
way of selecting devilspie/fluxbox/twm/ratpoison etc.  And I'm going to
bet that that won't be comps groups, which means they shouldn't be
listed in comps at all.

- ajax