selinux hasn't been running for over a week

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 16:03:05 UTC 2009

On Thursday 17 September 2009 05:29:02 pm Steve Grubb wrote:
> If selinux is not disabled and it does not become permissive or enforcing,
>  it  has to get logged and optionally shutdown the system.
>
> Aside from no logging, any ideas why selinux no longer works?

A few minutes ago, I updated to the new dracut in rawhide & then I updated
everything else which updated the kernel and presumably build a new initrd.
Now, with the new dracut there is some logging which helps diagnose the
problem:

dracut: Loading SELinux policy
dracut: SELinux: Could not load policy file
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.24: Invalid argument
dracut: /sbin/load_policy: Can't load policy: Invalid argument

So...where does this lead us?

-Steve