Removing perl-Mail-SPF-Query from rawhide

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 22:37:02 UTC 2009

On 09/21/2009 05:06 PM, Warren Togami wrote:

> Nope.
>
> spampd.spec contains...
> # This is "optional", but the spf checks get disabled if it's absent
> Requires: perl(Mail::SPF::Query)
>
> I'm updating this.
>
> Warren

spampd was requiring perl(Mail::SPF::Query) for no good reason.  Rather
than require Mail::SPF I've stripped that artificial requirement because
SPF is actually rather useless.  So now nothing in Fedora requires
perl(Mail::SPF::Query).

I'm soon blocking perl-Mail-SPF-Query from rawhide.  It is true that
perl-Mail-SPF does not provide perl(Mail::SPF::Query).  perl-Mail-SPF
will obsolete perl-Mail-SPF-Query to ensure its removal but not
"provide" for the old package.

Any objections?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com