yum-presto not on by default

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 25 15:08:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

> um, my point was that normally in this kind of case - you've come up
> with a neat little improvement - you look at it the other way round: not
> how horrible will it be if you don't enable the improvement by default
> (the answer to which is almost always 'not very', because such a case
> just equates to the existing situation - so it's more or less a
> meaningless question); you look at how bad things could possibly get if
> you _do_ enable it by default.

which is why I said, again, I don't really care if it is enabled or not.
:)

and since it seems like it has been added to the desktop installs, then
this is all a moot point.

My only reason for arguing has been that our users are not stupid, we
don't TARGET new users anyway
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview#Is_Fedora_for_me.3F

so there's no point in acting like they're new users.

-sv