yum-presto not on by default

David Boles dgboles at comcast.net
Fri Sep 25 16:43:56 UTC 2009

On 9/25/2009 11:23 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 11:08 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>
>> My only reason for arguing has been that our users are not stupid, we
>> don't TARGET new users anyway
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview#Is_Fedora_for_me.3F
>>
>> so there's no point in acting like they're new users.
>
> sure, but nothing I've said is predicated on the assumption that the
> users in question are new or dumb or anything like that. as I said, you
> can observe this behaviour happening all the time in experienced user /
> developer circles (developer planets, IRC etc). No matter how 'advanced'
> the user group, probably the majority do not refer to documentation
> until they hit something they would consider a problem.

'lurker mode off'

Comment from a 'lurker'

You developers and all do a fine job with this.

*But* you all seem to have the same wrong idea about *most* regular
Linux users. At least the ones that I see on the help lists.

*Almost none of them read that darn DOCs.* Nor do they read the release
Notes. Nor do they read the FAQ's. Nor do they read they Known Problems.

Really? They don't read the instructions and hints *before* they destroy
their working systems with an update? Or with a release upgrade?

Really? Not the Newbies? Not the 'I think that I am an Expert' people?
Not the 'I have much Linux experience' people? Really? Sure. Just follow
the questions asked when something well written about pops up as a
*surprise*.  <sigh>

Sorry for the noise.

Back to 'lurker' mode'.
--