yum-presto not on by default

Alexander Boström abo at root.snowtree.se
Fri Sep 25 17:06:04 UTC 2009

tor 2009-09-24 klockan 16:31 -0400 skrev Seth Vidal:

> We're a bleeding edge distro - that's our VAUNTED mission - shouldn't we
> be able to assume that users of a BLEEDING EDGE, LATEST PACKAGE distro be
> able to run a single command?

Though Fedora currently might not currently be an optimal "just works"
experience, I think that should be the design goal. I want ordinary
people to be able to use free software. (And not just use.)

Whether they end up using Fedora, a more polished derivative of Fedora
(Sugar on a Stick, XO, RHEL etc.) or another distro that benefit from
the work done within the Fedora project doesn't matter that much, but if
the Fedora motto turns into "by geeks for geeks" and the project loses
sight of ordinary people then it's on the wrong track.

/abo