yum-presto not on by default

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Sep 26 07:38:51 UTC 2009

Seth Vidal wrote:
> Seriously? We have lots of documentation that is "run this one command".
>
> We're a bleeding edge distro - that's our VAUNTED mission - shouldn't we
> be able to assume that users of a BLEEDING EDGE, LATEST PACKAGE distro be
> able to run a single command?
>
> I think if you assume too little of your users you end up with bad users.

+1

I think this is also a big problem with how the download page is being
"simplified".

Call me elitist, but frankly I think we DO NOT WANT that kind of users. They
have little to no chance of ever becoming contributors and they'll strain
our support channels (IRC, fedora-list, they even flood this list with off-
topic user questions!) with their dumb questions and take away valuable
contributor time.

        Kevin Kofler