Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Sep 30 14:39:27 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> We've tried to address unclear terminology this summer with the
> milestone adjustment proposal.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Milestone_Adjustment_Proposal  This tries
> to apply industry standard naming to our release process, and as such we
> had to rename some things.

The problem is that this did quite the opposite. The previous terminology
was clear to everyone here. The new one is not only unclear, it's actively
dangerously confusing as it reuses names previously used for earlier
snapshots for later ones, which caused several developers to deliver late.
These terminology changes should be reverted for F13!

        Kevin Kofler