Our static Libraries packaging guidelines once more

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 17:38:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange at redhat.com> wrote:
> That sounds good as long as AutoQA is reliable, not generating false
> positives. I'd still also suggest that we have a rule drop all
> packages reported by the FTBFS tests which aren't fixed by time of
> Beta.

What about packages that fail to build because they depend on some
other package that is broken?  I've got one in that state now.  It
fails to build from source because one of its BuildRequires is broken.
 There's nothing wrong with my package.  Once the other guy fixes his,
mine will magically start building again.  If the other guy hasn't
fixed his package by Beta, how is dropping mine going to help?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/