ABRT considered painful

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 11:55:30 UTC 2010

On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:53:28 +0100, Jiri wrote:

> ABRT 1.0.2 should fix the problems with installing the debug packages,
> the only problem I know about is when some of the enabled repositories
> is down - then the yum fails to download debuginfo even if it's in
> working directory and there is not much ABRT can do about this.

One of the ABRT test-updates warned about missing debuginfo packages.
If it knows that many debuginfo packages are missing and details in the
backtrace are missing, too, can it try harder to warn users about not
uploading incomplete backtraces? It could warn again if a user wants to
delete a report in ABRT that has only been uploaded with missing details.