Common Lisp apps in Fedora

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:27:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Alexander Kahl
<akahl at imttechnologies.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the offer; currently I'm busy with getting GNUnet through the
> review, ccl can be next on the list but I'm unsure whether it wouldn't
> be better if we'd focus on packaging most commonly used CL libs like
> Alexandria first. ATM Debian (and its brown derivative) seems to be the
> no. 1 distro of choice for CL devs and I'd like to change that.

I have a handful of candidate CL library packages, including alexandria, here:

http://jjames.fedorapeople.org/

The problem is that I followed the packaging guidelines, and thus used
common-lisp-controller which, as I mentioned, doesn't work for any CL
engine currently available in Fedora.  I think we have to fix that
first.

> Are you (or is anyone else here) interested in founding a Common Lisp SIG?

Yes, I think we need to do so.  Count me in.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/