RFE: Never, ever steal focus.

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Jan 6 20:32:26 UTC 2010

On 01/06/2010 03:21 PM, Till Maas wrote:

> How about making the gnome-panel give away its focus to the newly
> created window? Within the gnome-panel, it should be pretty obvious
> which actions should give away the focus and which should not. I do not
> know, how easy to implement it is, though.

That's pretty difficult for a launcher - how does the panel know that
the launcher is going to create a window vs which is not?  And how does
it know what window it is?  If you click on the firefox launcher, it
runs a shell script.  That script (may) eventually run an X
application, but it in itself isn't one.  What's the launcher telling
the wm in that case under your proposed model?

--
         Peter

Space, is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely
mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the
road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.
		-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy