Proposal: fedora-release-rawhide subpackage

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 7 21:02:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 15:24:05 +0100
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> You propose that the repo should be enabled by default if the package
> is installed. I don't like this. This make it a lot easier to break a
> system with Rawhide, if one installs the repo file, e.g. only to be
> able to easily download the src.rpm files with yumdownloader or to
> query it with repoquery, but not to actually install the unsigned
> packages from it.

How many folks do this? I suppose this is a downside... we could also
ship it with default disabled, so you would need to install and then
enable it.

> It will probably also auto break systems that just
> install everything, which is also not nice.

I don't think it's possible to 'install everything'.
There are a number of packages in the collection that conflict.
Or do you have some other meaning for 'everything'?

kevin