[Fedora-directory-announce] The Fedora Directory Server Project is now "389"

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu May 7 14:19:58 UTC 2009

The Fedora Directory Server Project is now called "389".  The details
are here:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/389_Change_FAQ

The new project website is http://port389.org (which is currently just
an alias for directory.fedoraproject.org)

The new IRC channel is #389

We have created aliases for the mailing lists - so 389-users,
389-announce, etc.

We're still in the process of rebranding, re-skinning the web site,
etc.  In the coming weeks you will see new packages with the 389 branding.

Everything else is the same - the team, our mission, only the name has
changed.  We apologize if this change is disconcerting to some of you,
we thank your for your support, and we hope to continue to make the 389
project a success.